Experienced Family Law Firm in Toronto
In life, relationships sometimes fail to turn out as we expected. Unfortunately, legal issues involving family relationships can be some of the most difficult to resolve. Those who are involved in family law issues can end up feeling emotionally and financially battered—and in desperate need of an experienced legal advocate in their corner. If you are dealing with a family law issue in Toronto, Musson Law can help by consistently fighting for your rights and your future. Some of the issues handled by family law lawyers include divorce, spousal support, custody and parenting disputes, the equitable distribution of assets, child support, enforcement and modifications of support orders, and separation agreements.
Our goal, at Musson Law, is to protect you and your children while guiding you through the legal process with the least amount of stress and anxiety. Lawyer Anna-Marie Musson is a highly experienced negotiator who will seek a resolution that is in the best interests of you and your children. It is almost a given that those going through a divorce, a child custody issue, or other family law issues are anxious about their future.
The fear of the unknown can be very powerful, and the knowledgeable Musson Law lawyers will go the extra mile to help alleviate many of those fears by providing you with the information you need to make the tough decisions you now face. When you choose Musson Law, we can help you with any of the following family law issues:
- Dispute Resolution, including arbitration, mediation, and collaborative law, are always on the table at Musson Law.
- Divorce is almost always difficult, however, at Musson Law, we work hard to make it a less difficult, less contentious process. Our overarching goal is to help you move forward with your life.
- Spousal support can be a difficult area of divorce to navigate. One spouse often believes he or she is entitled to spousal support, while the spouse who will be paying the spousal support is virtually never in favor of doing so. The goal is to ensure the outcome is fair for both parties.
- Child Custody or Parenting Plans/Decision-Making is another facet of family law that has the potential of becoming contentious. The goal of all concerned should always be the best interests of the child, yet this can sometimes be difficult for those involved to clearly see. Your Musson Law lawyer will help you reach a child custody solution that works for all those involved.
- Child support is based on a specific formula, although a judge can deviate from that formula when warranted. Because child support is based on a formula, there is little room for argument—the needs of the child are the top priority.
- Separation agreements can be extremely important both during the separation and later on. For this reason, you should always have a lawyer involved in your separation agreement.
- High net worth individuals will have additional issues to address. It is extremely important that your Toronto lawyer has significant experience in high net worth divorce.
- Grey divorce—More and more older couples are divorcing, and there are specific issues related to grey divorce that are not present in the divorce of younger couples. At Musson Law, we are well aware of these issues and will work hard to ensure a fair outcome.
- Net Worth Protection Agreements, Marriage Contracts, and Cohabitation Agreements—Addressing certain marital issues prior to marriage can be a smart step for virtually all couples. Of course, no one ever expects their marriage to end up in trouble, yet it often happens. When an agreement or contract exists, it can help smooth the way during a breakup.
Why is Family Law So Important?
In society, members owe certain rights and duties to one another. While this sounds like a relatively simple premise, in truth, it is not. Rights vs. duties disputes can result in never-ending conflicts, which is where family law and family lawyers come in. Families are connected through blood and marriage, as well as through many other avenues—adoption, stepparents, same-sex couples, and common-law partners, to name just a few. Families are held together by emotional strings, yet any number of highly sensitive “triggers” can result in complications—divorce, spousal support, child custody, child support, access, property division, and many others as well. These complications can often benefit from strong legal help from those committed to helping individuals move forward with their life.
Family law—particularly when collaborative law, arbitration, and mediation are involved—provide a rational approach to helping people resolve personal, emotional disputes. Family laws help facilitate the rights and duties of families, providing a means for conflicting parties to resolve the dispute—often before court becomes necessary. You can expect your Toronto family lawyer to guide you through the legal issues associated with your unique situation, advise you about the likely outcomes should you choose to go to court, file all documents necessary in a timely manner while strategizing the right legal course of action on your behalf.
Your lawyer will help you identify alternate methods of settling your dispute outside of court while thoroughly explaining the risks and benefits of these methods. Your family law lawyer will always discuss and negotiate on your behalf with the opposing party, then draft and formalize agreements reached to facilitate the final judgments in an efficient manner. As you might imagine, facing all the issues associated with your family law issue on your own can be overwhelming and intimidating, to say the least. This is why it is so important to choose a highly experienced Toronto lawyer to help you get through your family law issue.
How Musson Law Can Help with Your Toronto Family Law Issue
When you choose Musson Law, you are choosing experience, knowledge, and skill. We are ready and able to take on the most challenging divorce or the most contentious child custody case while offering high-quality legal support on any family law issue you are experiencing. We can ensure you receive a fair, balanced property division or spousal support award, or that your child custody and access outcome truly reflect the best interests of all those involved. Offering uncompromising protection for you and your family, Musson Law will help you choose the right process for your unique situation. We provide you with an honest assessment of your family law case, then pursue the most beneficial outcome. At Musson Law, you receive the personal attention you deserve, along with strong family law representation when you need it most. Contact Musson Law today for a comprehensive evaluation of your family law issue.